Young person fare
We know that you've got plenty to spend your cash on already, that's why you can purchase a young person ticket right up until your 18th* birthday....
*Young Person’s iff Card required – details below.
Aged 16 to 18
You’ll need to get one of our young person iff cards, part of the Welsh Government’s My Travel Pass Scheme, which you must present when buying your ticket.
Click here to apply online for a Young Persons iff card.
This will give you you 1/3 off our on bus fares. You will also need this card when purchasing Young Person tickets on the app.
To find out more about the Welsh Government’s My Travel Pass Scheme click here.
Please note, young persons' iff cards will not work after the holder's 19th birthday and all tickets will expire.
Aged 5 to 16
Children less than 5 years of age may accompany an adult fare paying customer free of charge providing they do not occupy a seat required by an adult customer.
Where a child under 5 is accompanied by another youth fare customer then either both pay the youth fare or one should pay the adult fare and the other travel free.
Obviously the second option will be the cheaper.
Unaccompanied children under 5 will be charged at the appropriate youth fare for the journey being made.
- £1.30 single - anywhere in Cardiff, Penarth, Sully, Dinas Powys
- £1.90 single - as above and including Barry
- £2.60 all day travel or £2.50 on app - anywhere in Cardiff, Penarth, Sully, Dinas Powys
- £3.60 all day travel or £3.50 on app - as above and including Barry
- £9.60 travel all week or £9.40 on app - anywhere in Cardiff, Penarth, Sully, Dinas Powys & Newport
- £13.40 travel all week - as above and including Barry
- £11 Freedom ticket - 12 single journeys in Cardiff City Area* - available on your iff card or app
Click here to see the fares for Service 30 to Newport.
* Cardiff City Area (i.e. the area covered by the City and County of Cardiff) is defined as the area bounded by Ffordd Berllan, Thornhill Crematorium and Heol Hir/Capel Gwilyn Road in the North; St. Brides Road (A4232 crossing), St. Fagans turning point, Drope (The Terrace), Rhur Cross, Leckwith Bridge, Penarth Road/Brindley Road and Cogan Spur in the West and St. Mellons County Club in the East.