3 days ago
Cardiff Bus calls for new drivers to jump onboard in its latest recruitment drive
If you love driving and are looking for a new career, then hop onboard Cardiff Bus’ recruitment bus this weekend.
The operator is embarking on its biggest recruitment drive ever as it looks to hire trainee drivers and existing PCV licence holders and is inviting those looking for an exciting career opportunity to drop by its recruitment bus which will be on Queen Street, near to the Marks & Spencer store, Saturday 25th June from 10:30 to 15:00.
Whilst onboard prospective new drivers will have the opportunity to speak to existing Cardiff Bus employees about driving roles and will even have the opportunity to apply on the day.
The bus operator, which runs services across the city, the Vale of Glamorgan and to/from Newport, is looking to expand its team in order to meet demand and provide a vital service to the local community.
Following recent pay increases, new starters will benefit from industry-leading pay, training, benefits and career progression, including:
- Competitive salary - £12.05/hr for existing PCV licence holders after 12 months
- Paid training for industry newcomers - £10.25/hr rising to £10.78 once you obtain your PCV licence
- Enhanced hourly rates for weekend shifts
- Paid breaks – you are paid for all the hours you work, including meal breaks
- Average working week of 41 hours with a choice of 4 or 5 day rotas
- Varied shift patterns
- Comprehensive benefits including contributory pension scheme, holidays, retail and gym discounts, cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programme, occupational sick pay scheme, occupational health assessment and 24/7 access to wellbeing hub.
- Modern fleet of automatic buses, including new electric buses
- Free travel pass on the Cardiff Bus network for you and your immediate family
- Free onsite parking
- Opportunity to develop career and branch out into other areas of the business
Jen Doody, HR director at Cardiff Bus, said: “It’s a great time to be joining our team as we transform our network across the city.
“Whether you’re a newcomer to the industry looking for a varied, customer-facing role, an experienced PCV licence holder looking for the next career step, we’d love to hear from you. Don’t worry if you’ve never driven a bus, we can train you!
“You’ll find that every day is different and filled with variety, so if you love interacting with people, making a difference each day and fancy an office with a view, this really could be the role for you!
“It’s more than just driving a bus, it’s about being part of the best team in town and being a friendly face that makes every customer feel welcome.”
To apply you need to:
- Be over 18 years old
- Have a full UK driving licence that’s been valid for more than 12 months, with no more than 6 penalty points
- Have the ability to deliver great customer experience
For more information and to apply click here.