Depot Open Day
1 year ago
At Cardiff Bus we’re celebrating 120 years of service! Come and join us at our Sloper Road depot on Saturday 24th September from 11am – 3pm to celebrate this notable occasion with us.
As Cardiff’s longest running bus operator, we certainly have a lot to celebrate, and we couldn’t have reached this milestone without you. So, we have a range of activities on offer for you to come and enjoy this day with us:
- Free entry
- Free shuttle bus from St. Mary Street Wyndham Arcade (Stop JE) in the Cardiff city centre to the depot from 1045 and every 15 minutes until 14:30
- A striking display of Cardiff Buses, past and present
- Vintage buses
- A tour around the depot
- A range of stalls and refreshments, including Mr Croquewich, Handlebar Barista and an ice cream van
We know that you’re as excited as we are, so we’ll give you a sneak preview at some of the buses that will be on display from the Cardiff Transport Preservation Group.
- 408 DBO – An AFC Regent V with a double-deck body, a model withdrawn from Cardiff service in 1979
- 105 LUH 105P – A 1976 coach model with 27 seats that was used for private hire
- 143 N143 PTG – Part of the minibus Clipper Bus operations from 1996 that was withdrawn from service in 2008 after being one of the last batch of Clippers
- 619 CN 06 GDY – A Cardiff bendy bus that catered for 133 passengers sitting and standing until it was withdrawn earlier this year
This event is a great way to honor all that Cardiff Bus has achieved in the last century.
Our Managing Director, Paul Dyer commented:
“As a team, we are hugely proud of our achievements and know they are helping to make that step-change in public transport across our city”.
We can’t wait to welcome you all to our depot and celebrate this special day with you!
How to get here
We're based on Sloper Road in Leckwith and encourage everyone to arrive by public transport. Services 1, 2, 92, 94 and 95 all stop nearby, or catch our free shuttle bus from St Mary Street Wyndham Arcade stop JE from 10:45. The shuttle bus will run every 15 minutes.
Alternatively, Grangetown and Ninian Park Railway Stations are approximately a 10 minute walk from the depot.
No on-site parking available.