Cardiff University Students
2 weeks ago
Calling all students!
Did you blow all your student loan during Freshers week? Are you looking for more ways to save and not spend? Well, don’t worry, Cardiff Bus has you covered!
Keep reading to find out how YOU can save more travelling with Cardiff Bus…
About Our Buses
Catching the bus with us is easier than you think. Follow these simple steps below for a more convenient bus journey:
- Download our Cardiff Bus app to plan your journey and buy your tickets
- Use the app to find your nearest stop, live departures and track your bus
- At the bus stop, raise your arm to let the driver know you’d like to board
- Scan your mobile ticket on the machine or use a contactless payment to purchase your ticket when boarding
- You can also pay with cash but only with exact change
- Remember to show your My Travel Pass when boarding if you’ve purchased an under 21 ticket (you can find more about this below)
And that’s it! Sit back, relax and enjoy your journey. Make sure you stay connected with our onboard Wi-Fi and say a friendly ‘cheers drive!’ as you leave the bus.
The Cardiff Bus app is full of features that will be beneficial to you and your bus journey. These features include:
- Journey planning
- Bus tracking
- Live times
So, waste no time in downloading our app to have all this information and more at your fingertips!
Are you a regular bus traveller, or do you board now and again, if at all? No matter what your travel routine, we’ve got the ticket for you.
We have 2 fare zones:
- Cardiff including Penarth and Llandough
Your bus ticket will only be valid in these areas unless you purchase a ‘plus’ ticket which gives you travel access across our entire network.
Our MetRider M1 service runs between Llandaff and Cyncoed campuses via North Road, Crwys Road, Albany Road, Penylan Road and Cyncoed Road.
Most of Cardiff University’s buildings are based in the city centre and are easily accessible by bus.
Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
With its close proximity to the city centre, the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama is on many bus routes.
Services 21, 23, 24, 25 and 27 all stop outside the college, with most other routes only a short walk away.
USW Cardiff Campus
Our services run all over Cardiff, with the majority running through the city centre. The nearest bus stops to the Cardiff USW campus are on Churchill Way, Bute Terrace and Customhouse Street.
Discounted Travel Under 21s
Haven’t reached 21 yet? There are still some perks!
If you’re under 21 years old you can apply for a Welsh Government My Travel Pass for FREE to save money on your bus travel. Applying for this will save you 30% on our adult bus fares, so get applying as this is something you don’t want to miss!
Make sure that you carry your My Travel Pass with you when travelling and buying tickets, including those bought via the Cardiff Bus app.
Cardiff Bus App
- Some tickets are cheaper when purchased through our app
- You can buy day, week or 4 week passes and activate them once you’re ready to travel
- We offer bundles of single and day tickets at a discounted fare – if you qualify for young persons fares, you can buy 12 single tickets to use within Cardiff for £11 with a Freedom Ticket
- 10 single adult journeys can be purchased for £16 or the easy-three which offers a discount on 3-day tickets for £10.40 when bought in a bundle
Purchasing on the Bus
- Single, day and week* tickets can be bought on the bus
- You can pay by cash but ensure that you have the correct change as we do not carry any
- Single and day tickets can be bought contactless
*To purchase a week card, you will need an IFF card, unfortunately, this cannot be bought by any other means on the bus
Our Head Office on Sloper Road
- Tickets for longer durations such as our 4-week-to-go ticket or annual passes can be purchased at our head office on Sloper Road
- You can find us at: Cardiff Bus, Sloper Road, Leckwith, Cardiff CF11 8TB
- Most of our tickets (apart from single, annual, app bundles and Cardiff Met tickets) are available to purchase at PayPoint outlet
- You will need an IFF card to purchase tickets at PayPoint.
Explore our beautiful city!
Our buses run all around Cardiff as well as to Penarth, Barry and Newport!
So, there are plenty of new places for you to explore if you’re new to Cardiff, or just want a change of scenery. We can get you there!
Stay up to date
Stay on top of all the latest diversions, delays, events and promotions by following our Twitter or liking our Facebook page.
Don’t miss out on any exciting content we’ll be posting and follow our Instagram @cardiff_bus
Terms of Carriage
We’re looking forward to welcoming you on board, but please remember to be respectful of our drivers and others around you.