Skip to content

My Travel Pass

11 months ago Tue 2nd Apr 2019

If you’re between 16 and 21 years of age, you can apply for a Welsh Government My Travel Pass which allows travel at a discounted rate. 

The card entitles the holder to purchase travel tickets with Cardiff Bus at the ‘young persons’ fare.

Did you know?

You can add your Cardiff Bus tickets to your My Travel Pass.  Whether you buy a day, week or 4 week ticket, you’ll be able to load it directly onto your pass, so it no longer just acts as ID. 

In order to do this, you’ll need to visit our travel shop at 47 Westgate Street before you purchase your tickets so we can add the ticket type to your card.  Once it has been added you can purchase your ticket there and then, or wait until you need to travel.

Don’t forget, you can purchase day and week to go tickets on the bus, but 4 week and annual tickets will need to be purchased from either our travel shop on Westgate Street or our depot at Sloper Road. 

How to use your My Travel Pass

The My Travel Pass can only be used by the person named and shown on the card. 

If you have already bought a ticket, place your My Travel Pass on the card reader as you board the bus.  The ticket machine will beep to inform the driver your card has been accepted.  If there is an issue with your card, the driver may ask you to place the card on the reader again so they can see if there is a valid ticket on your card.

If you’d like to buy a ticket on the bus, simply tell the driver which ticket you’d like to purchase, then place your card on the reader and your money in the vault. 

To apply for a My Travel Pass and for more information please visit the Welsh Government’s My Travel Pass website here

My Travel Pass


Live Departures

Add favourites by selecting the star on a stop's departure board

Routes & Maps

Add favourites by selecting the star on a timetable

Latest News
Random Acts of Kindness competition
1 week ago Mon 17th Feb 2020
Enter our competition for a chance to win a 4 week to go ticket for you and a friend on Random Acts of Kindness Day
February Half Term
2 weeks ago Mon 10th Feb 2020
Reduced price family tickets this February half term
Do 1 thing
4 weeks ago Wed 29th Jan 2020
The habit to change to make Cardiff a healthier city
New Concessionary Passes
1 month ago Mon 20th Jan 2020
If you haven't received your new concessionary bus pass yet, find out what you should do here