Young Person tickets
3 weeks ago
Whether you travel every day or once in a while, we’ve got just the ticket for you. Our services are designed with you in mind – timetables to match yours, discounted rates, contactless payment, mobile ticketing and Wi-Fi.
It's cheaper than you think...
Between 16 – 21 years old? Apply for a free My Travel Pass to save money on your bus travel. My Travel Pass is a Welsh Government funded scheme which entitles the holder to young persons prices – saving approx 30% on our adult bus fares. Visit mytravelpass.gov.wales to find out more and to apply.
Once you have received your My Travel Pass card, you will need to visit our travel centre at 47 Westgate Street or at our head office on Sloper Road (CF11 8TB) to have your ticket type (other than single tickets) added to your card. When the ticket type has been added you can use your My Travel Pass to purchase that ticket over and over again.
Carry your My Travel Pass with you when travelling and buying tickets, including those bought on the Cardiff Bus app.
We have 2 fare zones, Cardiff (including Penarth & Llandough) and Barry. Your bus ticket will be valid in these areas only unless you purchase a ‘plus’ ticket which allows travel across our entire network.
You can buy day, week and 4 week tickets on our app as well as 10 single journey tickets for £16 or the easy-threesy which offers a discount on 3 day tickets when they are bought together.
Single, day and week tickets can be bought on the bus, however you will need an iff card to purchase a week to go.
Tickets for longer durations, such as our 4 week to go ticket or annual passes can be purchased online, at our travel shop at 47 Westgate Street, our Sloper Road depot or at PayPoint outlets.
View our fares here.
It's easier than you think...
Catching a Cardiff Bus is easier than you think
- Download our app to plan your journey and buy tickets
- Use our app to find your nearest stop and live departures
- At the bus stop, raise your arm to let the driver know you’d like to board
- Show the ticket on your app or use contactless payment to get your ticket when you board. We also accept cash but it must be exact change
- Sit back, enjoy the journey and stay connected with our free onboard Wi-Fi
- Don’t forget to say ‘Cheers Drive’ when you get off!
It's greener than you think...
It’s a fact, buses are better for the environment. Buses play a major role in reducing transport emissions and improving local air quality, enhancing everyone’s quality of life. So do your bit by travelling with us. Did you know…
- Cars account for 71% of greenhouse emissions, compared with just 6% for buses
- If everyone switched from car to bus for just one journey a month we would save two million tonnes of CO2 every year
- 1 full bus takes 75 cars off the road, freeing up road space and reducing congestion
Getting about on the weekend
We’re not just here for you when you need to get to and from school, college, uni or work. Whether you’re going shopping, to a concert, to the cinema, we’ve got your travel sorted.
- No surge charges
- You don’t need to worry about lifts
- It’s cheaper than taking a car
- Everything you need to travel can be accessed from your phone
- It’s better use of your time, with free Wi-Fi you can listen to music, use social media, browse the internet, chat with friends