Travelling by bus during the coronavirus outbreak
3 weeks ago
During the coronavirus outbreak, we're doing all we can to keep you safe whilst travelling with us, from additional deep cleaning to reducing capacity. You can find out more about our commitment to your safety and ours at the bottom of the article, but in order to provide the safest environment to travel we also need your help. You can help prevent the spread of the virus by following the steps below.
Reasons for travel
You should only travel for the essential reasons listed by the Welsh Government:
- travelling to work if you’re unable to work from home
- essential shopping such as for food or medication
- to support someone who is vulnerable, if no-one else can do so.
Travelling by bus
You should wash your hands as often as possible, and before and after each journey. You should not travel if you feel unwell.
In addition to this we would appreciate your co-operation and ask that you respect our drivers and other customers, and help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus by following the steps below:
Plan your journey
- We’re currently following special timetables, so please check times before you travel. These are available on our website and app, or view a summary of our level of service here.
- Travel during off-peak times if possible
- Allow extra time for your journey. Due to social distancing, we’re not able to transport as many people on each bus.
At the bus stop
- Sit / stand 2M apart from other customers
- When the bus approaches, raise your arm to let the driver know you want to board
- Allow other customers off the bus before you get on
- Board the bus one at a time
- Have your payment method ready. You can still pay with cash, but it will need to be exact fare as we don’t give change. You can also pay via our mobile app, contactless or iff card.
On board the bus
- Sit as far away from others as possible unless they live in your household
- Keep the windows open for ventilation
- The Welsh Government have advised that customers wear three-layed face coverings if social distancing isn’t possible
- Catch all coughs and sneezes in a tissue and dispose of it in a bin as soon as possible
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- When you’re ready to alight the bus, press the stop button and wait behind the line on the floor until the bus has stopped
- Exit the bus one at a time
What we are doing to keep you safe
- We've introduced a rigorous cleaning regime which including anti-viral cleaning products
- Provided drivers with PPE
- Reduced capacity on buses in line with social distancing guidance
- Added information and signage about socially distancing on our buses
- Drivers have a protective screen between you and them
- Updated our app and website so you can see if the bus you’re waiting for is busy or not
Stay safe everyone, and we hope to see you on our buses again soon.