Speed up your journey and save money by paying before you board the bus
What is an iff card?
iff card is your personal travel card that you can use on all of our buses. You can either
- add credit to buy tickets when you want
- buy and top-up a weekly, monthly or annual ticket
- sign up for our Direct Debit scheme
Apply for your iff card
Print and complete our iff card application form below and return it to our Customer Service team at:
Cardiff Bus Depot and Offices
or email [email protected].
Your iff card will be sent to you in the post. If you lose your card we will replace your first card free of charge, after that, replacement cards will cost £5.
Buying tickets & topping up your iff card
- Only weekly tickets can be added to your iff card by the driver on the bus (payable by cash only, not contactless) - remember to tell the driver which ticket you want to purchase before putting your card on the machine
- You can top-up at one of the many PayPoint outlets across our network. To find out where your nearest PayPoint outlet is enter your postcode here
- You can also set up a Direct Debit payment so that your iff card will never run-out, as long as you maintain the commitment. Click here for more information about the Direct Debit scheme
iff card fares
|Cardiff Fare Zone||Barry Fare Zone||Cardiff & Barry|
|Adult||5-15 years old or My Travel Pass**||Adult||5-15 years old or My Travel Pass**||Adult||5-15 years old or My Travel Pass**|
|Day to go (on bus)||£4||£2.60||£3.60||£2.40||£5.50||£3.60|
|Week to go*||£15||£9.60||£14.00||£9.20||£21||£13.40|
4 week to go
|Month to go
- direct debit only
Year to go
* payable by cash only, not contactless
** customers aged 16-21 will need a My Travel Pass card (NOT an iff card) - click here to apply for a My Travel Pass Card. On receipt of your card, you will need to visit our head office at Sloper Road (CF11 8TB) for your ticket type (apart from single tickets) to be added to your card. You'll then be able to load tickets onto the card in the same way as an iff card.