Download our updated app!
79 days ago
We're pleased to let you know that our updated app release is now available to download. Our new build of the app is combining our two existing apps into one. Find out everything you need for using our buses, and buy mobile tickets, all in one convenient app.
why a new app?
Having two apps, the 'iff app' and the Cardiff Bus app, is a bit confusing. We've been working with our developers and have produced an updated app that we know you will all love. We've had lots of feedback about having two separate apps - one app for tickets and one for live times/timetables and information, so the latest release will bring that altogether in one great app, and allow you to save some valuable space on your phone too!
what's in the new app?
Our current apps have been a great success, with tens of thousands of downloads, but we think bringing them together into one will make your experience better.
The latest app will feature all the great features of our current apps including live times, bus tracking and mobile tickets as well as including new features such as route timetables and events taking place near you.
Our latest app will provide a much more robust platform and allow us to build on the fantastic ideas generated from both customers and colleagues to keep pushing the boundaries.
What's great is there is now an events and destination guide which will outline fun activities and days out you can enjoy by bus. This is then coupled with a much improved journey planner function as well as timetables within the app itself.
The new app is easy to use, read our quick guide here.
how do I get the new app?
As this is a brand new app, not an update to the iffapp, when you download the new app you will need to create a new user account.
- Download the app from Google Play or Apple store.
- It is important that you create your account using the same email address as you used for the iffapp account - this way we cab transfer any tickets on your iffapp account to your new account on the new app.
- If you can't remember which email address you used to register your iffapp account with, then open the iffapp and go to OPTIONS > YOUR ACCOUNT > YOUR DETAILS and you will be able to view the email address. Should you use a different email address then we won't be able to transfer your tickets across, in which case you will need to continue to use any valid tickets on your iffapp until 11:59pm on Saturday 1 September, and then buy new tickets on the new app. Don't forget you'll also have all the other benefits that the new app has.
- Once you have created your new account, you will receive an email asking you to validate your email address. You must validate so that we can transfer your existing tickets. Don't forget to check your spam/junk folders in case the validation email goes there!
- After you have validated your account, please call our Customer Service team on 029 2066 6444 or email [email protected] and we will transfer your tickets across. Our Customer Service phone lines are open 7.00am to 7pm to Monday to Friday and 9am to 4.30pm on Saturday.
From 11:59pm on Saturday 1 September you won't be able to purchase any more tickets using the existing iffapp.
Cardiff Bus app users
If you already have the Cardiff Bus app, all you need to do is install the upgrade anytime from Monday 16th July onwards, then you too will be able to create your account, buy mobile tickets and enjoy all the features in one app.
using the new app on the bus
The tickets on the new app will incorporate a QR code along with the 'word of the day'. When you get on the bus, instead of showing your phone to the driver all you need to do is place your phone on the blue card reader on the ticket machine, with the ticket showing face up and wait for the machine to beep to confirm your ticket has scanned successfully. It's as easy as that!
current app switch off
Obviously with the new app being launched, this means that we will no longer be using the old system. We will leave the existing iffapp as it is until 11:59pm on Saturday 1 September, when it will then be switched off. Between now and then, we encourage you to switch over to using the new app, especially for any new mobile ticket purchases.
At 11:59pm on Saturday 1 September we will switch the iffapp off, meaning you will need to have used any mobile tickets on that app by then. After the app is switched off, you will no longer be able to use any tickets on the iffapp.