Become a Cardiff Bus Driver
Looking for a change? Become a Cardiff Bus driver!
Cardiff Bus is looking to grow its team of bus drivers, to continue serving our communities in Cardiff and the Vale.
We have been providing this vital service for 120 years and need you driving us forward in an exciting time of change!
Does this sound interesting? But you don’t have a Bus licence? Don’t worry our world class Training Academy will support you every step of the way from applying for your provisional licence to booking your test.
Have a bus licence? We will be excited to welcome you to our team, you will join our world class Training Academy where we will bring you up to speed on all things Cardiff Bus. We will further support you with continuous development using our in-house CPC courses and progression opportunities. There's also a £1500 joining bonus for those who already have a bus licence.
What to Expect?
Cardiff Bus is in an exciting period of transformation! You will join our friendly team with access to our modern fleet, as well as our electric buses powering our route into a greener future ensuring your journey with Cardiff Bus is as smooth and environmentally friendly as possible.
You’ll find that every day is different and filled with variety, so if you are passionate about customer service and making a difference every day and enjoy an office with a view,
This is the role for you!
Are you passionate about customer service, and enjoy meeting new people? Do you have a passion for driving? Then this could be the opportunity for you!
With a world class, dedicated in-house training team we are ready to teach you everything you need to know about being a bus driver.
This is a full-time permanent position working 39 hours a week
- £27k+ per annum - with overtime available.
- Training hourly rate of £12.02 per hour until you get your licence
- Qualified bus driver rate £13.29/hour Monday-Friday with weekend enhancements up to £17.32/hour
- Overtime rates apply for extra hours worked – no matter your length of service
- Competitive salary
- Paid breaks – all hours paid
- Full time permanent contracts available
- Average working week is 41 hours, with a choice of working 4 or 5 days
- Sick pay
- Fully paid training
- CPC qualification
- Free travel across the Cardiff Bus network for you and your family
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Discounts with local retailers and gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- And much more!
We are looking for people with the passion and experience of delivering excellent customer service; the ability to follow clear instruction with good understanding of general safety principles to help you operate a bus safely around our city; if this sounds like you our in-house training team will teach you everything else that you need to be a bus driver.
What you need
- A full UK driving licence for 12 months or more
- Have no more than 6 Points
- No disqualifications in the last 5 years
Text - 07870833314
Email - [email protected]
Call - 029 2078 7756